In order to offer Shadow Work, one must be fully certified. The Shadow Work group facilitation path consists of the following three trainings, which must be done in order, followed by a mentoring and apprenticing certification process:
• Basic Facilitator Training (BFT)
• Advanced Facilitator Training (AFT)
• Leader Training (LT)
It is recommended that you attend at least one Shadow Work seminar before attending the Basic Facilitator Training. Other valuable experiences include Women In Power and the New Warrior Training Adventure. Training is also offered to become certified in Shadow Work Coaching for which the BFT and AFT are prerequisites.
Basic Facilitator Training
The BFT training is the first step to becoming certified as either a Shadow Work group facilitator or a Shadow Work coach. The scope of what you can expect to get out of this training is enormous and includes:
1) A solid grounding in the basic Shadow Work facilitation skills
2) A powerful experience of your own personal growth
3) A tool kit of professional coaching skills that you can apply yourself, at home or in your community
4) Insights about facilitation: our ‘chop wood, carry water’ approach takes you behind the scenes. We will show you how we harness our shadows to make us better facilitators
This training is highly experiential, and has a small participant-to-trainer ratio. The focus of the training is to provide participants with a solid base in the use of the basic Shadow Work facilitation tools. It involves a great deal of hands-on facilitation time, both in practice situations and in real processes. Participants in this training will receive the appropriate DVDs and manual well in advance of the training, so they can become familiar with the tools and processes before the training.
The training draws a rich diversity of people, including educators, therapists, group leaders, writers, lawyers, organizational development consultants, and others dedicated to their own personal and professional growth. It is appropriate for people who want one or more of the following:
Insights about facilitation: our ‘chop wood, carry water’ approach takes you behind the scenes. We will:
1) To enhance their own personal growth
2) To learn Shadow Work tool for personal and professional application
3) To become accomplished Shadow Work facilitators
Advanced Facilitator Training
The AFT is an intense and practical course further developing and adding to the knowledge, understanding and techniques learned in the BFT. The scope of the skills you can expect to get out of this training is far-reaching and includes:
• Learning about the deepest wounds that human beings carry and how those wounds manifest themselves in various behaviours
• A solid grounding in advanced Shadow Work facilitation skills, including how to facilitate the four Identity wound processes
• A powerful experience of your own personal growth
• Professional facilitating skills that you can apply yourself, at home or in your community
As in the BFT, participants will receive the appropriate manual and DVDs prior to the training, so they can become familiar with the tools and processes before the training. The training is highly experiential, and has a small participant-to-trainer ratio. It involves a great deal of hands-on facilitation time, both in practice situations and in real processes.
The Advanced Training is the second step to becoming certified as either a Shadow Work group facilitator or a Shadow Work coach. In order to qualify for the Advanced Training, you must first attend the Basic Facilitator Training. After attending the AFT, you are eligible to attend the Leader Training and the Coaching Training.
The Leader Training teaches you how to hold a group of people doing Shadow Work and develop the necessary safety and trust levels within this container. On a practical level, it teaches you how to run a Shadow Work seminar, from registering participants to completing the workshop. As a facilitator, it teaches you how to use the principles behind the Shadow Work Identity Wound processes in conversation. On a personal level, it gives you a command of the emotional ‘circuitry’ underlying these processes.
For more information on facilitation or coaching trainings, contact Golden Opportunities.
Content Coming Soon.
John and Nicola’s deep empathy, insight and skill produce extraordinary results in a very short space of time.
“John and Nicola are state-of-the-art facilitators.”
AB, November 2014
“I was amazed at this delicate, intuitive approach to helping people become more self-aware. The whole programme was very intelligent and holistic, supporting the participants in every way they needed it.”
BF, November 2014
“For me, Shadow Work was transformational, empowering, liberating and the best present I gave to myself. I am now ready to achieve my highest potential.”
NN, June 2010
Shadow Work is a U.S. registered trademark of Shadow Work Licensing, LLC, and is being used by Golden Opportunities under a license from Shadow Work Licensing, LLC.